The Adventus Story
Adventus.io is a B2B2C SaaS-based marketplace in the international student recruitment sector. We help institutions and recruitment agents find and transact with each other, ensuring the right student is matched with the right placement for their needs.
Founded in 2018, we’re on a mission to change the way the world accesses international education. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who want to be part of our mission and create the extraordinary.
We are a fast-growing team of 250+ | Offices globally | AUD$22.7M Series A
About the Marketing Team
We’re an agile, highly strategic, and creative team on a mission to create a brand people love. Working across Comms, Design, Growth, Channel, and Customer Marketing, we’re building a world-class marketing team, so there’s tremendous opportunity to grow and have a front row seat to shaping our brand.
About the Role
In this newly created role, we’re looking for an experienced PR professional who has a strong background in B2B communications and established media relationships with key business, tech, and trade outlets across APAC - USA and UK highly desirable. You’ll have the opportunity to own the PR Communications program and build the company’s brand awareness, reputation, and authority across the global through media relations, thought leadership, speaking opportunities, awards, and strategic partnerships. You will also help build our own team of PR & Comms partners in each region to support our expansion and establishment in new markets.
A day in the life of a PR & Partnerships Director
- Ideate, plan, and execute all PR activity, globally and regionally, to build our brand awareness, reputation, and authority.
- Reaching our target buyers, as well as key audiences - investors, business/startup community, industry leaders and partners.
- Drive our share of voice in the sector, across our markets - building our brand equity and awareness.
- Build, leverage, and maintain relationships with critical media stakeholders.
Establish and manage regional PR & Comms team/partners to support execution of PR strategy.
- Lead PR/media communication activities around expansion into new markets, GTM campaigns, product launches, announcements, and partner integrations.
- Maintain and amplify partnerships with key industry bodies and ambassadors to drive awareness and reach.
- Arrange, facilitate, and manage media briefings with key company spokespeople.
- Prepare materials, including briefing documents, for executive speaking engagements and interviews, media Q&A, press releases, pitches, media lists, and executive bios.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams, including Marketing, Sales, Product, and executives to identify and shape publicity opportunities.
- Design and lead speaking and awards program.
- Partner with the Marketing peers to amplify PR campaigns through owned channels to reach our prospects and customers.
- Monitoring, reporting on, and maintaining media coverage results
- 10+ years of professional experience in public relations or communications. Ideally in corporate, B2B and/or tech, either in an in-house or agency environment.
- Demonstrated experience in gaining positive coverage for corporate positioning.
Proven experience as a corporate spokesperson.
- Deep executive communications experience, including presentation development, media briefing/coaching
- An ability to navigate complicated issues with thoughtfulness, confidence, and calmness.
- Excellent writing, editing, speaking/presentation skills, and a passion for storytelling.
- A collaborative approach and a history of working in and leading cross-functional teams and projects across multiple markets.
- Ability to work full-time remotely from home as this role is a remote position, and across international time-zones.
- Experience in launching businesses and brands in new markets
- Handling tech product PR or communications at a tech company
What do you need to succeed?
- A drive to proactively cultivate relationships with team mates through inclusion and celebration.
- Healthy dose of optimism when faced with challenges
- Dedication to continuously improve and develop your strengths & talents
- A strong identification with our values
- Ability to juggle and prioritise competing priorities
At Adventus.io, our partners come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because diversity makes us even greater. We want you - to be you - so welcome the unique contributions that you can bring regardless of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender, identity, nationality, language, religion, beliefs or disability.
While the skills and attributes for this role are key to its success, we also recognize potential and the ability to learn and grow. So even if you can’t check every box, we would still love to hear from you.