The Adventus.io Story
Adventus.io is a B2B2C SaaS-based marketplace helping buyers and seller in the international student recruitment sector find and transact with each other. Ensuring the right student is matched with the right placement for their needs and goals.
Founded in 2018, we’re on a mission to change the way the world accesses international education. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who want to be part of our mission and create a positive legacy.
About the Marketing Team
We’re an agile, highly strategic, and creative team on a mission to create a brand people love. Working across Comms, Design, Growth, Channel, and Customer Marketing, we’re building a world-class global marketing team.
About the Role
This is a newly created position reporting to the Brand & Creative Lead to support a rapidly growing global tech startup.
We’re looking for a animator who can help bring our brand to life in explainer animations, paid social content, and integration of motion graphics and video content.
A day in the life of a Animator
- Design and create engaging motion graphics for video deliverables that align with the strategic marketing plans and brand guidelines.
- Work with footage/assets to create compelling, effective marketing videos, video explainers and multimedia content for EDM’s, website and social media.
- Collaborate with creative team to brainstorm, share and develop design perspectives and project ideas.
- Use professional time and project management skills to manage multiple assignments under deadline pressure.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of video asset files.
- Helping to present creative concepts internally
- Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative;
- Designing animation elements such as characters and objects; based on supplied assets and also ability to also illustrate and revise assets
- Developing the timing and pace of the animation and ensuring the visual and audio elements flow well;
- Adding post-production services such as music, voiceover, sound effects and captions/subtitles;
- Handling projects from conception through to completion;
- Working with the team to generate ideas for concepts and proposals
- Contributing to the quality control and approvals process;
- Continually learning and developing your skills
- Reviewing animation work created by third parties for us
- Supporting in the development and ongoing improvement of company processes
- Talented animator with 4 years + experience in a creative agency environment or inhouse agency in after effects
- Passionate and motivated storyteller who is able to help identify key features that will engage the audience;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to clearly communicate visual ideas and creative direction
- Exceptional eye and attention for detail
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills and the ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints
- Drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and new techniques
- Experience of sharing technical knowledge with team members
- Collaborative team player with a professional, flexible and calm approach
- Used to working on multiple projects at any one time;
- Illustration experience and the ability to support on non-animation, creative and motion projects as the need arises
- Ability to support with video editing in:
- Adobe Creative Suite skills (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat);
- Operating creatively within client brand guidelines
- Passion for refined, sophisticated animation effects and transitions
What do you need to succeed?
- A drive to proactively cultivate relationships with team mates through inclusion and celebration
- Healthy dose of optimism when faced with challenges
- Dedication to continuously improve and develop your strengths & talents
- A strong identification with Adventus values
- Ability to juggle and prioritise competing priorities
At Adventus.io, we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. Not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because diversity makes us greater. We want you to be you, and we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring regardless of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, or gender.