Fast growing team of 400+ | In 25 countries by end of 2021 | AUD$22.7M Series A
Adventus.io is a B2B2C SaaS-based marketplace in the international student recruitment sector. We help institutions and recruitment agents find and transact with each other, ensuring the right student is matched with the right placement for their ambitions.
Founded in 2018, we’re on a mission to change the way the world accesses international education. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who want to be part of our mission and create the extraordinary.
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts together with transformational marketplace technology and outstanding business processes. Our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values drive meaningful behaviours and are lived day in day out by our people.
Own it, ship it // Create the extraordinary // Together // Radical transparency // Be human
What are we looking for?
An exceptional commercial leader to join us as VP Partnerships – North America, reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, responsible for the regional go-to-market strategy
Purpose of the role:
- Deliver on our ambitious growth objectives through partner acquisition, revenue acceleration and increased share of wallet
- Provide strategic leadership and coaching to the regional partnership/sales team
- Lead with visibility in the market, building the Adventus.io brand and creating advocacy
- Play a key role in the GTM strategy by being a member of the Commercial Leadership Team and company-wide Senior Leadership Team
- Support the CCO and regional sales VPs with annual business planning and sales strategies
- Visibly lead the Partnerships team in US and Canada and maintain a consistent leadership presence in the market
- Maximise sales effectiveness through direct line management and coaching of team of experienced Account Executives; ensuring all are fully trained in new and existing products with outstanding client and sector knowledge
- Adopt leading sales engagement and enablement technology and data in order to drive a continuous improvement approach to sales effectiveness
- Leverage incentives, reward and recognition schemes to ensure high employee engagement and performance, with relevant feedback to CCO to ensure alignment with company compensation models
- Ensure accurate reporting of regional sales pipeline and revenue forecasting, including input into the systems and processes used across all markets
- Frequent interaction with clients, including Presidents/VPs, Directors of major higher education institutions
- Identify ‘greenfield’ target list for strategic accounts, using data and market intelligence to prioritise
- Oversee and input into high priority Strategic Partnership Plans and support the development of plans
- Lead by example by negotiating large commercial contracts with target institutions, building trusted partnerships across all products and services
- Work with institution product team to define new product concepts, advise on enhancements to existing products and identify product delivery dependencies early in the development lifecycle
- Drive proactive and effective communication channels with other Partnerships teams globally, through online, video and face to face updates
- Influence and advise on the B2B marketing and demand generation strategy for US and Canada across the portfolio of products and services
- Represent the company at key events and provide thought leadership that will enhance the Adventus.io brand in the region
- Liaise and engage with key external stakeholders and sector contacts to support commercial goals
- Contribute to building a positive work environment within the team based on a shared commitment to the Adventus.io values
- Track record of leadership and talent development particularly in relation to developing sales and deal management skills, sales methodology adoption and sales process optimization
- Outstanding skills and experience in sales and client management with a track record of success that indicates strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial approach
- Entrepreneurial and thrive in fast-paced environments with a high sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, great team player, accountable, and passionate about exceeding client expectations
- Experienced in using sales/revenue technology to leverage deal and pipeline metrics and management information to drive individual and team performance improvement
- Strong track record of individual sales contribution with consistent evidenced success of achievement against quotas
- Highly effective relationship building and relationship management skills, respected internally, by clients and key stakeholders
- Strong experience with multi-product multi-touchpoint solutions
- Able to demonstrate a strong negotiating ability with a track record of successful commercial outcomes
- Sound judgement under pressure with ability to make decisions and act in the best interests of the company
- A natural coach with a focus on development and team growth
- Active listening and ability to respond to the individual needs and styles of team members
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Global operator and people manager with high EQ and cultural adaptability
- Education sector and/or student recruitment expertise (desirable)
At Adventus.io, we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. Not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because diversity makes us greater. We want you to be you, and we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring regardless of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, or gender.
While the skills and attributes for this role are key to its success, we also recognise potential and the ability to learn and grow. So even if you can’t check every box, we would still love to hear from you.