Adventus.io is a B2B2C SaaS-based marketplace in the international student recruitment sector. We help institutions and recruitment agents find and transact with each other, ensuring the right student is matched with the right placement for their needs.
Founded in 2018, we’re on a mission to change the way the world accesses international education. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who want to be part of our mission and create the extraordinary.
We are a fast growing team of 250+ | Offices globally | AUD$22.7M Series A
About the Tech Team
The tech team is the engine room of Adventus.io responsible for the technical development, direction and alignment of our product by providing engineering practices, development, release management and issue resolution so we can to deliver world class experiences for students considering studying in higher education while delivering undeniable value and experience for our partners.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who will help us scale our data architecture and contribute to building a data culture within Adventus.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will play a pivotal role between our development and analytics teams, building robust frameworks that enable teams to deliver their best.
A day in the life of a Senior Data Engineer
You will work in an agile environment alongside our platform and analytics teams on initiatives spanning both AWS and GCP. You’ll be responsible for integrating our data warehouse and platform architecture, ensuring that data is accessible to business users in near real time.
● Own the processes that bring data in to our warehouse environment. This will mean handling message queues and streams as well as transforming and storing data efficiently.
● Work with analytics and engineering stakeholders to understand requirements and evolve our data pipelines in line with changing business needs.
● Continuously monitoring and improving our handling of data to create resilient pipelines that scale as we do.
● Contribute to scalable warehouse architectures, creating data assets that are resource efficient.
● Integrate our platform data with other customer applications (such as a CDP or marketing/engagement tool)
● Own our tracking plan and educate engineers on the proper use of server-side and client-side tracking.
● Build relationships with engineering teams to understand their changing landscape and represent data engineering requirements in planning phases
● Minimum 5+ years experiences in data architecture, data integration and data manipulation at scale;
● Strong technical proficiency in SQL, NoSQL, data modelling and data warehousing in a variety of database technologies like Amazon Redshift and BigQuery;
● Strong knowledge of the complexities and challenges with ETL and a demonstrated proficiency in tools such as Airflow and AWS Glue;
● Experience within the AWS Cloud environment with services such as IAM, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, Glue (Spark) and SQS;
● Advanced working SQL and software development (preferably Python) knowledge and experience;
● Technical proficiency and experience working with queues & event streams using technologies like SQS and Kafka;
● You are comfortable being responsible for continuous deployment, operation, and monitoring of your data solutions and their infrastructure;
● Strong interpersonal skills, you communicate technical details articulately - simplifying complexity and can get others on board with changes and new processes;
● Team player extraordinaire.
It’s awesome, but not required, if you have
● A Computer Science or Engineering related degree;
● Professional AWS or GCP Certification including specializations (such as Data Analytics, Machine Learning, etc.) is a plus.
What do you need to succeed?
● A drive to proactively cultivate relationships with team mates through inclusion and celebration
● Healthy dose of optimism when faced with challenges
● Dedication to continuously improve and develop your strengths & talents
● A strong identification with Adventus values
● Ability to juggle and prioritize competing priorities
At Adventus.io, our partners come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because diversity makes us even greater. We want you to be you so welcome the unique contributions that you can bring regardless of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender.
Your application was submitted successfully.