At Adventus.io we’re passionate about transforming how the world accesses education.
The Adventus Story
Our story started in 2018 when our founders connected over a shared frustration with how broken the international student recruitment market was. From here our mission was born to help students make confident study decisions through a trusted platform
We are a fast-growing EdTech company that revolutionizes the way student recruitment is undertaken across the globe through our SaaS marketplace that enables institutions, recruiters, and service providers to seamlessly find and transact with each other, anywhere in the world.
About the Tech Team
The tech team is the engine room of Adventus.io and is accountable for developing, implementing, and managing our product so we can to deliver world class experiences for students considering studying in higher education while delivering undeniable value and experience for our partners.
About the Role
What we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has experience collaborating in a quality focused environment where testing and code reviewing is a part of the everyday process.
The Tech / What you will work with:
We certainly do not expect you to have experience in all of the technologies listed below. If you have at least a couple in your wheelhouse, we would love to hear from you.
● Node.js, PHP (Laravel)
● Microservices Architecture
● VueJS, Composition API
● HTML5, CSS, SASS, LESS, Gulp, Grunt
● RESTful and Apollo GraphQL
● AWS services such as IAM, EC2, ECS, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Elasticsearch etc
● Docker, Kubernetes
● MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB (Atlas), Redis
● Unit Testing, TDD, BDD
● Git, Bitbucket, GitHub
● Agile, JIRA
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
● A computer science or engineering-related degree
● Experience with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB
● Strong agile mindset, able to iterate fast and give early feedback
● Frequent software development meetups/workshops to stay on top of the latest trends and technologies
● Dedicated to continuously improve and develop your strengths & talents
● You are always eager to help drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, design, coding, deployment, and support
● Possess excellent time management and written/oral communication skills
● Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to establish a good rapport with business stakeholders
● Thrive on solving complex problems and can swiftly understand requirements and come up with simple solutions
● You have a passion for all things “Full Stack”
What do you need to succeed ?
● A drive to proactively cultivate relationships with team mates through inclusion and celebration
● Healthy dose of optimism when faced with challenges
● Dedication to continuously improve and develop your strengths & talents
● A strong identification with Adventus values
● Ability to juggle and prioritize competing priorities
At Adventus.io, our partners come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because diversity makes us even greater. We want you to be you so welcome the unique contributions that you can bring regardless of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender.
Your application was submitted successfully.