The Adventus Story
At Adventus.io we’re passionate about transforming how the world accesses education.
Our story started in 2018 when our founders connected over a shared frustration with how broken the international student recruitment market was. From here our mission was born to help students make confident study decisions through a trusted platform
We are a fast-growing EdTech company that revolutionizes the way student recruitment is undertaken across the globe through our SaaS marketplace that enables institutions, recruiters, and service providers to seamlessly find and transact with each other, anywhere in the world.
About the Team
The Data Analytics team manages Adventus’ data assets to help understand our business performance, improve our product and demonstrate our value to customers.
About the Role
We’re looking for a data expert who will help deliver analytics projects to internal and external stakeholders. This role will consult with business stakeholders, help frame questions and present results in an easily interpretable format. A successful candidate will need a combination of technical skills as well as being a proficient communicator.
- Working with business stakeholders to understand and scope requirements: phrasing problems in terms of data.
- Building out dashboards and reports which intuitively demonstrate results for business users and external clients.
- Wrangle data with SQL and Python to create views specific to project needs.
- Automation of report and data delivery.
- Work with the broader tech team to brief data collection and engineering requirements. Contribute to data warehouse architecture and planning.
- Document data, processes and findings to build the team’s knowledge base.
- Review and quality assure peer work.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in an analytics, data engineering or similar role. Previous work in the technology/SaaS space will be highly regarded.
- Excellent SQL, specifically in large scale column-oriented databases or compute-on-demand infrastructure (BigQuery, Athena).
- Experience manipulating data in a programming language like Python (preferred) or R.
- Problem solving skills - able to perform root cause analysis and validate hypotheses.
- Experience visualizing data through enterprise tools (Tableau and Data Studio preferred) or via open source libraries.
- A bachelors degree or higher in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Stakeholder management skills, with an ability to scope problems, recommend solutions and act as a trusted advisor to business units.
- Exposure to software development or data engineering/warehousing practices would be a huge bonus.
What do you need to succeed?
- A drive to proactively cultivate relationships with team mates through inclusion and celebration
- Healthy dose of optimism when faced with challenges
- Dedication to continuously improve and develop your strengths & talents
- A strong identification with Adventus values
- Ability to juggle and prioritize competing priorities
At Adventus.io, our partners come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because diversity makes us even greater. We want you to be you so welcome the unique contributions that you can bring regardless of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender.