Adventus.io is a B2B2C SaaS-based marketplace supporting institutions, recruiters and students within the international student placement sector. Our innovative platform allows institutions, recruiters and students to directly connect with one another, resulting in matching the right international study experience with students across the world.
Founded in 2018, we’re on a mission to change the way the world accesses international education. Behind the technology, we have over 500 amazingly talented humans making it all happen. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who want to be part of our vision and create a positive legacy.
The Admissions team is responsible for managing the Application & Acceptance processes, Visa, and their relevant procedures to deliver a customer-focused service to our recruitment partners, universities, and institutions.
Adventus.io is partnering with an aspirational and internationally focused UK university to enhance its capacity and recruitment outcomes from Africa. The role will be required to assess applications and complete compliance interviews on behalf of the institution.
Our Regional Admissions Officers are expected to be subject matter experts responsible for providing thorough and compliant assessments of all applications from the region. .
- 3+ years work experience within the UK international education industry.
- Strong experience and knowledge of the African (primarily Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana) and international education systems.
- Strong knowledge of the UK visa requirements and appropriate student profiles for the region.
- Previous experience handling UK International student application cases including Assessment and Compliance.
- Experience in using computerised systems/databases to achieve work goals and tasks.
- Proven experience within an international Admissions related role
- Highly organised; able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Resilient, self-motivated and able to work independently on a day-to-day basis.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to interpret and follow prescribed processes, recognising when to seek additional guidance from more experienced team members.
- A strong collaborator who works well with other teams in Admissions and the wider business. Openly shares information with others on a regular basis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrates a growth and continuous improvement-mindset – open to feedback and acquiring knowledge.
- Application assessment and compliance interview services will be catered by the officer who is a part of a customer-centric team which is the first and single point of contact for admission support for all applications to the UK institution.
- Candidates should be a subject matter expert in UK application and visa processing and help internal/ external stakeholders to process applications quickly and compliantly.
- Provide a frontline support service, in identifying and resolving issues related to international student applications to the UK institution from the Africa region.
- Processing of applications as per the UK institution requirements. Being committed to the highest standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity in pursuit of positive outcome.
- The officer must oversee the completion of all relevant forms, checklist and supporting documents and ensure that all the information provided by the recruiter is accurate and correct by verifying all documents.
- Assessing referrals for integrity checking, carrying out integrity interviews and undertaking investigations for integrity checking. Either alone or as a team member, can take complete action on all student visas upon receipt including screening of application and documents, quality assurance, tracking the visa lodgement and issuance.
- Keep informed of laws, regulations and SOPs related to visa cases. You must oversee the completion of all relevant visa and immigration documents and ensure that they are received within the time limit set by the respective embassies.
- Preparing reports and visa interview notes, correspondence related to compliance which are also not limited to dealing with client queries by phone, email and in person, maintaining accurate files, electronic and other records.
- Willingness to travel and represent the company as required.
- Make sure to provide excellent service to all internal and all external clients with a focus on professional, accurate and timely responses. Also proactively collaborate with key internal stakeholders to manage any feedback or issues/incidents.
- Meet (face to face and/or on-line) with the university admissions or/and compliance training teams and attend embassy briefings to update knowledge on the product and market..
- May be required to train staff to enhance their understanding of regional admissions and visa processes to help them to fulfill their roles to a high level. Maintain strong working relationships with all colleagues.
- Supporting the senior management teams with management reports and special projects.
- The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information and meet the requirements of the organization’s Data Protection and privacy policies at all times.
At Adventus.io, our partners come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because diversity makes us even great